* Revel to live Latin music
* Savor Mexican cuisine and desserts
* Shop at the Mercado for new treasures
* Decorate sugar skulls, bust out the creative you!
* Turn heads at the event with sugar skull face
* Adorn the public altar in memory of a loved one
* Support The Sharing Place in providing grief
support to families
Did you know:
~ According to the National Alliance for Grieving Children, 1 in 20 children will experience the death of a parent before they graduate from high school and 1 in 4 will lose a significant family member. (childrengrieve.org Sept. 2012)
~ According to the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (aacap.org) children that do not have access to grief support programs and services are much more at-risk to develop emotional, psychological and even physical health issues.
Society generally gives us three days to grieve, but there’s so much more.
Use these resources to better support grieving loved ones.
Please sign up on our e-newsletter list to receive news and updates from The Sharing Place.